Mary Jo Klinker, activist, agitator, and assistant professor of women’s gender and sexuality studies at Winona State University in Minnesota joins Brett to talk about #metoo, prison abolition, online dating in a feminist world, and astound each other with music they haven’t heard of but apparently should have.
- Me Too
- Tarana Burke – The Woman Who Created #MeToo Long Before Hashtags
- Alyssa Milano Starts Me Too Twitter Movement to Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault and Harassment | E! News
- ‘We say, time’s up!’ Who were the activists at the Golden Globes?
- everydayfeminism.com: 10 Things Every Intersectional Feminist Should Ask On a First Date
- Feminist Porn Book
- Prison Abolition
- Angela Davis
- Black Cross
- Michelle Dillon
- FCC chairman under fire for ‘conflict of interest’ in sale of prison phone company
- FCC made a case for limiting cost of prison phone calls. Not anymore.– The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness
- Blood In The Water
- Democracy Now!
- Al Jazeera
Top 3 picks
- Red Clocks
- Sunbeam Heritage Stand Mixer
- Hum, You’d Prefer an Astronaut
- @SystmCast on Twitter
- Brett on Twitter
- Join the Community!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download